The European Commission has launched the InvestEU Portal, the one-stop-shop for European projects with a project database and the main objective of connecting project promoters with investors.
- The total project cost threshold has been reduced to EUR 500,000;
- Project information is only available to registered investors;
- Available information includes an interactive project map available only to registered users, success stories with full project description as well as a project directory grouped by countries, sectors and other relevant criteria;
- The InvestEU Portal will forward the projects to the relevant implementing partners who will examine projects falling within their geographical area or sector of interest.
- In case there is an advisory initiative, the InvestEU Portal can forward the relevant projects to the InvestEU Advisory Hub.
In practice, the 'project promoter' of an EU-based project who wants to reach potential investors worldwide will be able to register the project in question on the portal in order to increase its visibility to a large network of international investors. The portal is also aimed at investors who are looking for investment opportunities in various sectors such as energy efficiency, transport, healthcare, renewable energy, broadband infrastructure or SME financing.